Dear Zora Neale Hurston Elementary School Family:
Welcome back to the 2017-2018 school year.
We are happy to report that we received a school grade of A once again with an increase of over 50 points from last year. We successfully implemented the Cambridge Primary Program and Thinking Maps schoolwide. These programs have helped to increase our students' critical thinking skills and overall achievement. In addition, we were awarded the prestigious Five Star School Award and Golden School Award for the 5th year in a row. We placed in the district's Science Fair and participated in the Superintendent's Honors Choir. Our drama club's performance of Disney's Little Mermaid was amazing, the best show yet.
Our theme for this school year is Zora Neale Hurston Elementary…where the MAGIC happens. We will continue to make the magic happen for our students and community by demonstrating an unwavering commitment to excellence. Failure is never an option. We will make a difference – thus, make magic!
We are looking forward to another successful year with the boys and girls of this great school. As we begin a new school year, we ask that you help us make a magic by:
· Setting high expectations for your child
· Reading with your child for a minimum of 20-30 minutes each day
· Ensuring that your child completes home learning daily
· Making sure your child is prepared for school every day
· Joining the PTA, becoming a school volunteer and participating in school activities
· Attending our monthly Parent Academy meetings
· Accessing the Parent Portal to monitor your child’s attendance and grades
We are committed to providing our students with a rigorous and global minded education. Let’s work together to make it the best year yet!